General Information FAQs

Advanced Placement

What is UGA’s policy on Advanced Placement? Where can I find out what credit UGA awards for AP tests?:
Please review UGA’s policy, credit awards, and instructions on ordering scores on the Office of the Registrar's website.

How do I request my AP scores be sent to UGA?
To request College Board AP results, please contact the College Board. UGA’s College Board Code is: 5813. College Board website: College Board phone: 888-225-5427

How can I see any AP credits I have earned at UGA?
A newly admitted student can review AP, IB, and Departmental Placement credit earned by logging in to your Admissions Status Check account and opening the link AP/IB/Dept Test Scores Received.  If you are a continuing student, your test scores are listed in Athena and the credit will be posted in DegreeWorks.


What is Athena? Athena provides a user friendly system that features a web-based log-in using your UGA MyID in which students will be able to easily access academic and financial aid records, register for classes, pay tuition and fees, and update personal information, all in one location.

Departmental Placement Tests

Where can I take Departmental Placement Tests?
Departmental Placement Tests are usually administered before orientation. However, qualified students may schedule them for a variety of subjects and take them as required at the UGA Testing Center. A list of placement exams offered at UGA and information on how to register for them is available on the UGA Testing Center website:

Directory Information

What is directory information?
Directory Information is information contained in the education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.  Following guidelines provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Compliance Officer, UGA defines Directory Information as well as student rights with respect to privacy of their education records under FERPA (privacy act)

What if I do not want my Directory Information made available to others?
You may restrict your Directory Information by submitting the FERPA Restriction Request available here

  • Submit the form, along with a photo ID to the Office of the Registrar, Holmes/Hunter Academic Bldg., Athens, GA 30602. Fax:  706-583-8162. Email:, email submission must be sent from a UGA email address. Requests without a signature cannot be honored.

    Note: Any request to restrict Directory Information will result in restricting all information to third parties including prospective employers and the UGA online directory.


How can I change my UGAMail/MyID username or password?
Go to the MyID website at, click on the “MyID Managment”’ link, and follow the instructions.

Graduate Assistantships

What are the policies concerning registration for graduate students with assistantships?

  • You must register as a full-time student for any term in which you are paid, including Summer Session.
  • You must register prior to the first day of classes (Early and Late Registration) -- you may not register during Drop/Add.
  • Written verification of your assistantship must be received in the Graduate School Business Office prior to registration for your tuition and fees to be properly assessed. An award letter alone does not constitute verification of an assistantship. For further information, contact the Graduate School Business Office, Terrell Hall, 706-542-1739 or


How can I be sure that I have met all the requirements for graduation?
Undergraduate students should check with the graduation clearance officer in the dean’s office of their school or college. Students should also check their requirements and status each semester in DegreeWorks. Graduate students should contact

How do I establish an official expected graduation date?
Undergraduate and Graduate students both need to apply to graduate in Athena in order to establish an official expected graduation date.

How can I change my expected graduation date?
Undergraduate students should contact the graduation clearance officer in their dean’s office in order to make changes to their expected graduation date. Graduate students should email the Graduate School at to request removal of the graduation application. Once the application for graduation for the current term has been removed, the student can apply for the new term in Athena.

When did the requirement to apply for graduation begin for undergraduate students?
Applying for graduation was a new requirement for undergraduate students that was implemented effective Fall 2015.

Identification Card (UGA Card)

Where can I get a UGA ID card?
ID cards can be obtained at 309 Tate Student Center 706-542-9226. For information about the UGA card, please visit the UGA ID website:

Where can I find my UGA ID number?
Your UGA Card contains your university identification number.

Students can also find their UGA ID number in Athena once a student has logged on. Students can also log into DegreeWorks to view their UGA ID number.

If none of these options are viable, please email for further assistance.

International Baccalaureate

What is UGA’s policy on International Baccalaureate? Where can I find out what credit UGA awards for IB exams?
Please review UGA’s policy, credit awards, and instructions on ordering scores to be sent to UGA for International Baccalaureate, which can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website


What is UGA’s policy on SAT II?
Please review UGA’s policy, credit awards, and instructions on ordering scores to be sent to UGA for SATII, which can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website.

Student Complaints

If I wish to file a complaint with the Office of the Registrar, what is the process to do so?
To submit a student complaint with the Office of the Registrar, please visit

Transfer Credit

My transfer credit from my previous academic institution is not appearing on my academic record. Who should I contact?
You need to contact the Admissions Office at 706-542-8776, Terrell Hall.

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

How can I participate in the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)?
Please review the Tuition Assistance Program portion of the Office of the Registrar website. For further information contact Blake Dye, Assistant Registrar and the UGA TAP Coordinator, at: the University of Georgia, Office of the Registrar, Holmes/Hunter Academic Building, Athens, GA 30602-6113, phone: 706-542-4748, Fax: 706-583-8162, Email:

Veterans Educational Benefits

Whom should I contact concerning Veterans Educational Benefits at the University?
Contact Veteran Education Benefits, Holmes/Hunter Academic Building, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga 30602-6113, For more information, see the Veterans Benefits page.