Change of Grades

There are two methods by which an instructor can initiate a change of grade on a student’s record: the online e-Grade Change system or through a paper change of grade form.

Instructors may initiate an online change of grade via the e-Grade Change system for a student in any section for which they were listed as the instructor of record for the the Summer 2014 semester. These are the only two semesters that are available via the e-Grade Change system. Once an e-Grade change has been initiated, the course Department Head will be electronically notified of the pending change and asked to approve or deny the change. Approved requests will then be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Please note, certain grade changes for Summer 2014 cannot be made via the e-Grade Change system and will require a paper change of grade form. Please see the Grade Change FAQs for further instructions.

All other semesters, including changes to Summer 2015 grades, must be completed using a paper change of grade form until further notice while a solution is developed to update the e-Grade Change system. Completed paper forms must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar for processing. Paper forms now only require the signature of the instructor and the course Department Head. If a department requires change of grade forms, please email Adam Lawrence at Requests for paper change of grade forms must come from a valid UGA email address. Departmental staff members can also pick up forms in person at the Office of the Registrar. A staff photo ID must be presented by a UGA staff member in order to pick up any change of grade forms. Forms will not be given out to students.

The e-Grade Change system is available at: along with video tutorials and FAQs.

Please contact the Office of the Registrar ( or 706-542-4040) for any change of grade questions.